Thursday, June 18, 2009

Urine reflux

Hello family and friends,
We just got back from the doctors with Roxy and found that she has urine reflux.  I know I had never heard of this either.  It does not sound very serious and is easily treatable.   Urine reflux is when the urine that is already in the bladder, shoots back up into the kidneys.  This can cause serious infection and kidney damage.  Right now we are not worried about any of this because she has not had any serious bladder infections and we are catching it WAY early and can treat and watch it.   Poor Roxy had a very rough day and they had to try four times  to put in a catheter, which she was very unhappy with.  Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on

1 comment:

The Gale Family said...

I don't wanna scare you but this is really, really serious. My little sister had the same problem and she ended up loosing her kidneys, went through several transplants, and then died when she was 21 years old. The medical field has advanced over the years and I am sure there is far more treatment options now but I just had to let you know how serious it can be so you will do everything you can to protect her little kidneys.