Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rogan has arrived

Well even though the whole pregnancy I had planned on Rogan coming 2 weeks earlier since the other two were, I was shocked to discover in wee hours of Wednesday October 20, that my water had broken (especially since I was scheduled to be induced on Friday.) But break it did. So off we went to the hospital to get our son.
Most of you know that it did not go as planned and I wound up having to have a C-Section. During labor Rogans heart rate would drop to as low as 50. Safe range is from 120-160. They tried to put my in several different positions and nothing worked. They tried giving me two shots of a medication to stop my contractions, but they never stopped and continued at a minute apart. When the Dr arrived she assessed the situation and actually let me push a few times to see if I could maybe just get him out really fast. He went no where, so they made the decision that they needed to go in and get him. THey did discover that he was face up, and the cord was wound around his neck. So they made the right decision and now I have a really neat scar. It is kind of funny that now I have had a baby all three ways. Naturally, induction and now cesarean.
So Rogan came at 5:53 on October 20, 2010. He was 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long.






4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Awww...he's so darling! Thanks for sharing the full story. We hadn't heard the full thing.

Charla and Jarom said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! Time flies when it's someone else that's pregnant :) He is just adorable!!!!!!!!!! Love the pictures! And you go girl! Having a baby not the way you expected can be stressful. You are Da Woman!

Emily said...

Congratulations! He is so cute!

The Gale Family said...

Oh no! Modern medicine is a HUGE blessing! Congrats! He is darling!