Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Friend Highlight: Jamie and Shannon.

So I have been addicted to myspace, facebook and blogging for a awhile now and am chocked by how many "friends" I have.   There are people who I have not talked to in over ten years who I have found or have found me.  It makes me think about all the people who come into your life who become your friend for a short or long amount of time and what impact they have on your life.  I have moved a bit and have been to several different school and have made good friends doing so.  But also in doing this I have had some very short friendships,  but people who I still think about today.  So I have decided to start highlighting people who have come into my life and who I want to keep as a "friend" one way or another.
I am starting with 2 friends, because if I was to do one before the other one would get mad, or feel left out, so heres to you Jamie and Shannon
Jamie and Shannon are the two best friends to come out of San Jose.  I met them both at San Jose State and we graduated together.  I lived in SJ for about 3 years, and while I was there we shared some bog milestones together.  We all graduated from college and got our first real jobs, I had Roxanne, Jamie and Shannon both got married, and I developed my love of Nordstroms through their tutelage.  Shannon is really easy going, and never lets anything get to her (although she is "broke ho") and Jamie is the opposite who is easily provoked (like me) and very high strung.  But they were the best thing that every happened to me when I moved to the bay area.  I am so excited that the both of them are pregnant (don't worry James no one you know reads my blog) and I am so excited for them to both become moms and we can complain and brag to each other and share in that awesome experience together.  I hate that I have only seen them once since I have moved and they have never met my son.  I love that they still call me for all the important things and I still call them.






3 comments:

Mandie Flood said...

Friends come and go. That's why it's so nice when they stay in our lives when they can. Good luck with your highlight goal.

Jamie said...

Don't make the pregnant friends CRY! Gosh, I miss you so much and am SO glad that we've stayed in touch, even if it's not always easy! I love you and those milestones wouldn't have been the same without you!

Shannon said...

Ahhh that is so sweet! Jamie is right pregnant woman cry easily, and you brought a tear to my eye. I love you and miss you terribly. You are going to have to meet our babies soon too!