Friday, October 3, 2008

Here comes Halloween

The Holiday season is upon once again.  yes, for me the holidays start with Halloween, my favorite time of the year.  Ever since I was little my family has always been the halloween house. We would go to Bishops pumpkin farm and get our pumpkins (I was able to take Roxy there last Halloween)  My mom would make home made rootbeer and cinnamon rolls, all kinds of goodies.  We would decorate and all the kids would go trick or treating in our neighborhoods.  As we got older there was less trick or treating but the parties kept getting bigger and more elaborate, with themes!!!  My little brothers would make a haunted house with their school buddies and everyone form the neighborhood would come and go through the house.  One year I got to be the girl screaming bloody murder!  I was quite good.
The root beer and cinnamon rolls never change but the themes do.  One year we were disney Princesses (I was Arial). One year we did Snow White and my six sisters and I were the seven dwarfs and my mom was snow white and my dad was prince charming.  One year we did christmas and went all out.  Christmas lights, flocking, we dresses up in old time carolers outfits and my parents were Santa and Mrs Claus.
So understandably this is my favorite time of year.  Not just because of the great child and adult hood memories, but it really is the best time of year.  Let me tell you why:
-It is the perfect weather.  It is cool in the day and cooler at night.
-Candy
-School is back in full swing and kids are in routine again.
-Candy
-It is before the "real" holiday season so no is too busy and they haven't started stressing out yet. 
-Candy 
-You get to have fun and wear silly things.
-Candy
-The colors of fall are the most flattering to my skin tone.
-and yes maam I LOVE candy and can eat it all month long and not feel guilty (kind of).

2 comments:

ash and jay said...

very cute post. i just posted a similar Halloween post on my blog....candy should be OUR middle names.

Jessica Zimmerman said...

You put a smile on my face! you're posts are always entertaining.