Saturday, January 3, 2009

One of the other things that changes when you become a mom

Cosmo, UsWeekly and Intouch.  Those were my magazines.  I would look forward to getting these magazines every week. UsWeekly always came on Fridays.  Friday was the day that I would come home from work get the mail and head to the tub to take a hot bath and catch up with my old friends.  How were Brad and Jennifer doing?  What about Nick and Jessica.  And did Paris get into trouble again, what am I going to do with her.  If you were to go into my bathroom and go through my magazines right now today you would find subscriptions to : American Baby, Parents, Parenting, Family Fun, BabyTalk, Family Circle and yes, Better Home and Gardens ( I don't even read that one).  And as if that were not enough i got a flyer for a new magazine Cookie (which by the way is way cool, think Vogue and Elle meet Parenting Magazine).  And if that were not enough I use some of the ideas in them, and so do my friends.  Babbi came over for dinner a couple of weeks before Christmas and had made these nutterbutter reindeer cookies I was planning to make with Roxy.  Well I am not have any idea who is married to who and is it right that I heard the Lindsey Lohan is a lesbian now, but I will always know 35 things to play in the car to keep my kids happy, 15 tricks to get my kids to eat there vegetables  and I will have helpful hints to keep my marriage spicy.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Which of course is much more useful. :)

Shannon said...

I am so glad you are concerned about Joe's legs and not me! Yes he has been losing weight, and yes I am fine too! hahaha

Meredith said...

So sweet Rachel. The things you know now are so much more important! I have a friend from high school that is an E! News correspondent, so I check in on her every now and then. She gets to go to all the awards ceremonies and interviews celebrities all the time, and they just sent her to Greece to stay in the high end hotels. Rough life.