Wednesday, September 10, 2008

to evacuate or to not evacuate

Okay so we are under probably the third hurricane watch this summer and so far we really have not seen much of anything, but I think Ike might change that.  We are actually thinking about leaving.  I have already called my uncle in Austin and secured us a place to stay, and Rich and I are going to start packing tonight.  Part of me wants to stay and see what a hurricane is like, but the other part of me really wants to go to austin and see what is there.  Plus if the power goes out and we don't have air conditioning Rich will probably evacuate anyways.  Ill keep you posted.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey we took off in the middle of the night- we'll keep you posted as far as Sunday goes!! Good luck! I wanted to see what the hurrican was like too, but 2 kids and no a/c was a daunting thought. Stay safe!

Cristina said...

saw your post on myspace i will add you to ours here is our link
http://bremmers.blogspot.com/

hope you guys are safe.

Adams Family said...

Hey Rachel! Where exactly do you live in TX? I think I'd rather deal with earthquakes than hurricans! Good luck! I'll check back in to see what happens.

Jaye said...

Good luck! Be careful!