Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weight loss is a funny thing

So every Monday morning i weigh myself as soon as a get up, right after I pee (don't want that extra weight).  Last week I went to the gym 6 times.  I took 3 spin classes, in weight training classes and ran collectivly about 10 miles.  So when I went to weigh myself on MOnday I was really expecting a good number and was PISSED WHEN I HAD GAINED A POUND.  SO then I start going through the week in my head thinking about how good I was and them remember that we went to Taco Bell on Friday, oh and Dennys on Saturday for breakfast.  But that was it, how can I be good all and only indulge twi...wait I forgot Chipotle on Sunday and also stopping and getting queso and chips and getting box stress box of hohos and Lindor truffles.  But I was really stressed, I have a really big test on Saturday!!!  But yeah, this is always how it goes.  I do great at eating till Thursday, and I love going to the gym.  But the weekends KILL me, there is always a holiday/birthday/stress event/party/people over for dinner reason to not stick to the diet.  Any ideas?

6 comments:

Mandie Flood said...

I had the most success having one free day a week.
No calorie or carb counting. Never take the good stuff out of your daily life either. Go for chocolate frozen yogurt after lunch or dinner (every day, and do use the suggested serving size). And remember to stay intouch with reality. Stress happens, parties happen and we can count on them always happening. A woman between 21 and 30 needs min 1200-1500 calories a day if she doesn't exercise. If you are exercising 5 times a week or more, you need about 1800-1900 calories a day. Starving and bird peaking leads to cheating and disapointment.
So let the good stuff in your life every day. And take a break from your mean 'ol diet at least once a week.

Mandie Flood said...

Uh.. I meant "bird pecking" oops

Meredith said...

I was going to say the same thing. Don't give yourself a whole weekend off, but give yourself one day. And you have to be REALLY good the rest of the week to earn that day. Keep up the exercise, girl. You'll get it. I think you're a trooper for doing this. I'm naturally thin, and still would never have the courage to tell people what I weigh!

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

I agree with the one free day thing. It jump starts your metabolism so that you don't get into a slump. But you have to be REALLY good on the other 6 days. (Oh, and if you want to take this advice seriously, don't look at any pictures of me!! I did just have a baby, and the weight is coming off, but it's so slow!!!))

Meredith said...

Oh Rachel, please be my friend! I am SO sorry. I didn't mean make you upset with my comment. I can totally see why that would be like a slap in the face. I was trying to compliment you on your willingness to share your progress with us all. Losing baby weight is no joke. I go up and down a ton too, and it totally messes with your head. Don't be too hard on yourself because you are beautiful, and you made two beautiful babies with that bod.
Pleeeease be my friend!

Jessica Zimmerman said...

Ditto to all of the above. Plus: Chew your food thoroughly and try to eat as slowly as possible. And a glass of water before your meal. I know, that is nearly impossible when you have small kids at the dinner table too. I generally scarf food down before I have to take care of some crisis created by my kids, but when JD is around, he reminds me to slow down, chew the food to a puree, and it really helps me eat less food at the table. I can tell when I am full, so I can stop eating before I have stuffed too much food into my body.