Friday, July 30, 2010

Cheese Fries

One night I was watching on of my favorite trashy reality shows and they were eating cheese fries. I have not been able to stop thinking about them ever since. Not the kind of cheese fries with shredded cheese melted on top, but the kind with melted cheese poured on top. These are hard to find, let me tell you. I tried to satisfy this craving by eating hash browns and melting american cheese on top, eh. Not the same. Finally one night Rich and I went to the Star Cinema Grill which for those of you who do not live in Houston, is a movie theater that also has a full restaurant menu. AND THEY HAD CHEESE FRIES. Specifically, they had "say hello to my little fries, add queso" And they were the most delicious thing I had eaten in my whole life. OMG. I was so happy. Rich loved them, we made sure that the other person was not taking more bites than the other so it was equal. They we so good. Then the other night I went Cheddar's with friends and got cheese fries again and they were okay, but they were the shredded-cheese-melted-on-top kind of cheese fries, but they also had bacon and a side of ranch. BUT I HAVE NOW FIGURED OUT HOW TO HAVE THEM ALL THE TIME. I made queso the other when we had tacos for dinner, and had some left over. That night I sent Rich out for a pregnancy craving of a banana cream pie blizzard from frosty and with inspiration asked him to get me some fries, heated up the queso, and viola. I have the good kind of cheese fries. I have done twice since. You may ask, why in the world is Rachel taking up an entire post talking about cheese fries? Because I am pregnant, they make me happy and I LOVE CHEESE FRIES.

No comments: